Our specialist corporate team deals with a significant number of dentists and practice owners who are selling their practices. We appreciate that selling a practice can be an emotive and stressful process so our team takes pride in making that process as smooth and painless as possible.
As part of our service, the team regularly find themselves advising on the following:
- Guiding the Seller through a full and thorough due diligence exercise answering the questions about the practice that are raised by the Buyer and ensuring that the questions are correctly answered and collated
- The appropriate CQC forms to be submitted to ensure that the Seller is deregistered from CQC liability following completion
- Ensuring that all necessary action is taken with the NHS Local Area Team in order to ensure that the NHS contract (if applicable) if transferred over to the Buyer at the correct time in the process
- Drafting and negotiating a bespoke Sale Contract, advising the Seller of the key terms and ensuring there is no undue exposure for the Seller following completion of the Sale
- Liaising with any mortgage lender to ensure that any borrowings over the practice are redeemed from the point of completion
- Acting for Sellers who have incorporated their practices into a limited company structure and are selling the share capital in their company rather than the assets of the practice. This is a more complex process requiring specialist input from specialist accountants and solicitors who have a background in corporate law
Our practice sales team works alongside Commercial Property legal specialists and Employment Law specialists to ensure that you have the benefit all the different areas of legal advice needed. In the majority of cases we are happy to provide a fixed fee to all Sellers and under certain circumstances we are also happy to discuss the option of a “no completion, no fee” arrangement subject to certain criteria being satisfied.
Whatever stage you find yourself at in the practice sale process, even if you are in the very early stages of beginning to consider the prospect of selling your practice, we would be delighted to talk further with you to explain more about what is involved. We are happy to speak to anyone on a no obligation basis in order to discuss how we may be able to help.
Please contact us for further information on 0330 088 2275 or provide your details below and we’ll be in touch.
- Wills, Probate & Estate Planning
- Commercial Agreements
- Employment & HR Services
The team at FTA Law provide advice to clients across the healthcare industry with many of our instructions coming from referrals from long standing clients and industry contacts and we work with all of the practice sales brokers and healthcare lending teams at the major banks.Contact us
We understand that price is a big concern for our clients and we always aim to offer a fixed fee for our services.