The specialist corporate team at FTA Law can demonstrate many years of experience in helping aspiring practice owners fulfil their dreams of ownership. From first time buyers to national corporates, FTA Law provides bespoke advice across the dental industry on all legal aspects of acquiring a dental practice.
Some examples of the advice our team regularly provides to purchasers includes:
- Guidance as to the most appropriate business structure to use to buy the practice including consideration of the use of limited companies, expense sharing arrangements and partnerships
- Advice on how to transfer the different types of NHS contracts between Buyer and Seller
- A full and thorough due diligence exercise raising questions into all aspects of the practice and its affairs and reporting to you and your lender on our findings, including an Employment Contract health-check for all employees at the practice
- Negotiation of bespoke Purchase Contracts to govern all aspects of the practice purchase and fully protecting the Buyer
- Advising as to the correct CQC application for the particular circumstances and coordinating submission of the appropriate documentation
- Liaising with the banks and their solicitors to ensure perfection of their security from completion
- Expertise in the more complex area of acquiring limited companies through an acquisition of share capital including working closely with accountants to ensure the taxation and accounting aspects are correctly worked out
- Drafting and implementing the full range of commercial agreements to govern the relationship between multiple buyers following Completion of the purchase to ensure a successful business relationship after completion
Our acquisitions team works alongside Commercial Property legal specialists and Employment Law specialists to ensure that you have the benefit all the different areas of legal advice you will need. In the majority of cases we are happy to provide a fixed fee to all practice purchasers and under certain circumstances we are also happy to discuss the option of a “no completion, no fee” arrangement subject to certain criteria being satisfied.
Whatever stage you find yourself at in the practice purchase process, even if you are in the very early stages of beginning to consider the prospect of buying a practice, we would be delighted to talk further with you to explain more about what is involved. We are happy to speak to anyone on a no obligation basis in order to discuss how we may be able to help.
Please contact us for further information on 0330 088 2275 or provide your details below and we’ll be in touch.
- Health & Safety Services
- FTA Law Wills, Probate and Trusts services
- Commercial Agreements
- Employment Tribunal Claims
- Employment & HR Services
- Wills, Probate & Estate Planning
- Partnership Disputes
- Debt Recovery
The team at FTA Law provides advice to clients across the commercial and healthcare sectors with many of our instructions coming from referrals from long standing clients and industry contacts.Contact us
We understand that price is a big concern for our clients and we always aim to offer a fixed fee for our services.